Just a reminder: Key student services will be affected by an upcoming professional development activity at Santa Rosa Junior College Friday, Aug. 17. The following service changes will be in effect:
• The Admissions & Records and Accounting offices will be open in the afternoon from 1:30 to 5 p.m.
• The Assessment Services Center will be open all day.
• The Counseling department will remain closed for additional planning and training activities.
• Petaluma campus Student Services offices will be closed the entire day.
• Bookstores on both campuses will be open all day.
According to the school, “the professional development day features a series of workshops and seminars to facilitate the professional growth of SRJC faculty and staff. Superintendent/president Frank Chong will give an opening address in the morning, followed by a keynote address from Dr. Robert Johnstone, a researcher and expert on community colleges, entitled ‘Best Practices 101.’ Staff will meet later in the day for workshops focusing on strategic planning and student success.
Fall semester classes begin Monday, August 20.